IANS is seeking a Content Writer to support our research-driven content assets, including daily client email briefings on the latest news in the information-security space. The Content Writer will be responsible for staying current on the daily information-security news stories in the major business press, gathering commentary from our group of 90+ subject-matter experts, crafting concise summaries for an executive audience, and meeting early morning deadlines.
The Content Writer will be immersed in the rapidly evolving information-security space and will be expected to write about cyber policy, hacks of federal agencies and private companies, the actions of hacking gangs around the world and the private sector response to ransomware attacks. The ideal candidate has a knack for distilling timely, often complex information into succinct, digestible summary takeaways for an executive audience.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Scan and read business publications (WSJ, NYT, FT, WaPo, others) to identify stories to cover.
- Distill daily batch of news articles into summary-level bullet points for an executive audience.
- Interview/request commentary on news stories from IANS’ subject matter experts and other infosec luminaries.
- Work with members of IANS’ Research Team to craft daily morning deliverable & send to clients.
- Ensure that all content meets IANS’ high standards of quality, insightfulness and tangibility.
Candidates must demonstrate the following experience, skills and capabilities:
- Excellent writer, editor & communicator – especially toward an executive audience.
- Able to distill tangible insights & takeaways from news articles on complex topics.
- Quick learner, able to adapt to feedback.
- Unwavering commitment to meeting daily, morning deadlines.
- Willing to work at night and/or early morning depending on news cycle (newsletter sends daily every morning at 8:30am ET).
- Degree in Journalism/Communications or related field preferred.
- Willing to work a hybrid schedule including both in-office and remote work.
Here’s What You’ll Get:
- Exposure to industry experts and top business/information security leaders Fortune-class companies.
- Opportunity to help shape the future for a growing company & contribute to a multi-million-dollar product.
- Broad learning & development opportunities.
- Colleagues who are intellectually curious, hard-working and collaborative.