Email Marketing Manager
IANS is seeking an Email Marketing Manager to join our growing team. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of tasks relating to email marketing. The Email Marketing Manager will own email as a channel and possess a deep understanding of how to utilize educational, promotional, and transactional email and nurture sequences to drive activation, acquisition, and customer retention and expansion.
Key aspects of the role include developing email templates, managing distribution lists, crafting messaging, executing email sends, building communication journeys, monitoring email performance, and serving as the team Email SME. Email marketing campaigns include event promotions (high-volume), newsletters, and demand generation nurtures. We host over 80+ events per year. The successful candidate will own all outbound email invitations, reminders, logistics communications, and post-event follow-up communications.
- Build, automate, and execute email marketing campaigns that drive new and repeat visitors to the IANS’s website and landing pages
- Create processes, workflows, and templates to run email campaigns
- Own list hygiene, email deliverability, and inbox placement
- Work cross-functionally with team members to craft engaging email subject lines and body copy aligned with key buyer personas that increase response rates
- Plan and execute ongoing A/B testing (e.g., layout, format, frequency, copy) to continuously improve email performance focused on user engagement driving towards key KPIs (responses, verified click rates, bounce rates, and unsubscribes)
- Ensure developed assets match campaign brief specifications by verifying copy, design, and desired functionality; QA emails to ensure that emails are flawless from a content perspective and render correctly across platforms and devices
- Manage scheduling and deployment of all email requests based on event marketing, client delivery and demand generation nurture send schedules to prevent audience overlap or email fatigue
- Manage agency relationships as/where needed
- Ensure all emails follow general industry best practices and are privacy compliant
- Stay current with email marketing industry trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of professional experience (including 1-2 years of experience with coding, testing, and deploying responsive email campaigns)
- Prior experience working with CRM and marketing automation platforms, specifically Salesforce.com and Pardot preferred; Pardot certification is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with analyzing data to derive insights to improve email content effectiveness and engagement
- Thorough understanding of email principles (design, build, and segmentation) and email best practices (e.g., deliverability, A/B testing, dynamic content, campaign automation)
- Thrives in a team environment yet can work independently with an impeccable attention to detail
- Strong interest in the latest technology, industry trends and best practices for digital marketing
- Demonstrated initiative in optimizing email as a channel and driving conversions