IANS is seeking a Research Director to lead its information security technologies research effort. The Director will be responsible for defining a compelling research agenda, authoring high-quality content for multi-channel distribution, and driving the editorial calendar.
The Director will plan and deliver research focused on information security technologies and policies and the business processes that these technologies and processes support. The Director will be tasked in keeping abreast of the rapidly evolving information security market and in providing research that is both insightful and pragmatic.
IANS has developed a propriety approach for authoring content by tapping into the expertise of 60+ world-class Faculty. The Research Director will be draw insights from the Faculty and the information security community to create client deliverables.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop an annual research agenda that includes the topics IANS will cover and the treatment of each topic
- Oversee the writing, editing and production of IANS technical research content including event curriculum
- Ensure that all content meets IANS’ high standards around quality, insightfulness and tangibility
- Create new and innovative research deliverables by working with Marketing, Client Services and Sales
- Expand usage of dashboards for reporting of data, usage, trends, etc.
- Manage and grow IANS’ pool of research contractors
Candidates for this position must demonstrate the following experience, skills, and capabilities:
- Excellent writer, speaker and editor
- At least 10 years of experience with the information security market and related technologies
- Proven skills in working with and managing subject matter experts and writers; willingness to be a player/coach
- Competent at organizing and executing cross-functional, consensus-based projects that underlie events, research and marketing
- Creative, resourceful and always seeking new ways to engage clients in content and experiences to drive new business wins and high renewal rates
- Connected and responsive to IANS sales &marketing teams, client service and clients in meeting IANS’ business objectives
- Metrics-oriented in assessing the impact of the research effort and always looking for ways to improve the quality and impact of the research output
- Committed to transparent reporting regarding research plans, commitments and performance
Here’s What You’ll Get:
- Exposure to industry experts and top business / information security leaders Fortune class companies
- Opportunity to help shape the future for a growing company that is committed to making a difference for our clients
- Broad learning and development opportunities
- Colleagues who are intellectually curious, hard-working, and collaborative