Position Overview: The Senior Account Executive is responsible for generating new End-User Decision Support (EUDS) clients and consulting business for IANS in high priority geographic regions. Based in our Boston office and reporting to one of our AVPs, the Senior Account Executive plays a critical role in new business development. Working in partnership with the sales team, the SAE executes on all new sales activities including generating opportunities, qualifying interest, negotiating and closing the business.
The most successful candidate will have strong C-level engagement skills and an appreciation for the significance of how technology security impacts our clients. Experience in selling professional services or subscription-based services is preferred. Core job functions include:
1. Territory Planning
- Work closely with AVP to develop a territory business plan that coordinates target accounts, contacts and catalyst events to maximize business results
- Build specific opportunity pursuit plans
- Provide feedback on market conditions, unique business opportunities, product penetration strategies, and success criteria
2. Sales Execution
- Execute a daily, weekly & monthly activity plan that will drive the pipeline required to meet/exceed sales goals
- Ensure the catalyst events in the region have the attendance required to meet opportunity generation goals
- Identify, develop, and scope consulting opportunities in concert with EUDS pursuit plans, effectively coordinating with IANS consulting support resources
- Track and update activity, account and contact information in Salesforce.com
3. Running Meetings & Facilitation
- Run a high level of initial discovery meetings designed to introduce IANS value proposition and qualify the potential business fit and likelihood of closing
- Facilitate impactful Proof of Capability calls with potential clients and IANS Faculty.
- Facilitate C-level conversations and interaction at “Connector Dinners” and other IANS peer events.
4. Opportunity Management
- Effectively qualify potential opportunities for business fit and likelihood of closing
- Gain access to the CISO or CISO equivalent, along with influencing key stakeholders
- Gain commitment to an evaluation including a formal and agreed to Sequence of Events.
- Manage the Proof of Capabilities process which can include Faculty interaction, participation in an IANS event, client referral and/or Portal access.
- Negotiate and close business
5. Deliver Results
- Meet or exceed assigned quota levels monthly, quarterly and annually
- Maintain and update an accurate quarterly and annual sales forecast
- Quality management
Candidate Profile and Qualifications:
The qualified candidate will have 6+ years of experience and a proven track record exceeding quarterly and annual goals. In addition to the requisite experience and credentials we are looking for individuals who demonstrate strong competency in the following areas:
1. Engagement Ability
- Has the confidence and executive-level communication skills needed to engage at a C-level
- Ability to build credibility and establish strong relationships with CISOs
- Can be an expert facilitator in information security subject matters
- Efficient use of time when meeting with clients
2. Process Orientation
- Can execute on established processes to drive results
- Ability to understand the infosec industry and the broad range of issues our clients face.
- Has a natural curiosity and inquisitiveness. Enjoys the process of learning.
4. Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and compelling way in all modes - phone, face-to-face, and written/email.
- Excellent presentations skills – understands how to tell a story that flows, provides the necessary depth, and engages the audience.
- Can clearly and concisely incorporate complex subject matter and IANS' content when communicating with prospects.
- Highly motivated and able to thrive in a quota-driven environment
- Strong sense of professional accountability and integrity
- High level of energy and a demonstrated sense of urgency
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team and collaborative orientation
- Honest and candid internally and externally
- Confident but takes a humble approach in working with peers and teammates