IANS is seeking a Research Director to lead our Information Security Leadership practice. This practice serves CISOs and their teams in developing professional capabilities that will serve their career growth aspirations and help their firms manage information security risk.
The Research Director will be responsible for defining a compelling research agenda that addresses the needs of CISOs and their teams to grow as leaders. This research agenda must provide a balance of thought leadership and pragmatic ‘how-tos’ in addressing the leadership challenges of CISOs and aspiring information security professionals.
This person will author high-quality research to fulfill the agenda and will work with resources inside and outside IANS to create and shepherd research consistent with the research agenda. Our ideal candidate has experience managing research analysts and in directly delivering high-value research-based consulting projects to senior information security professionals.
This person will be responsible for acting as an advocate and champion for CISO leadership within IANS and the marketplace. This entails partnering closely with our sales organization during the pursuit of new business opportunities as well as the enrichment of existing client relationships.
● Engage as a thought leader to refine and expand the existing leadership research agenda
● Author and edit syndicated research reports and ensure the quality of our intellectual property
● Partner with IANS account teams to identify and pursue business opportunities
● Meet the team performance goals for smooth content production, consulting revenues, and client support
● Participate in IANS-sponsored and other events to drive awareness of the CISO Leadership practice
● Play a critical role in building a CISO Leadership Community within the IANS client and prospect base
IANS is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
● At least 10 years of experience as a research analyst, industry practitioner, or consultant in the technology and strategy arena
● Demonstrated business and technology strategy consulting leadership with senior management and C-level clients
● Experience managing high-performing research analysts
● Knowledge of CISO issues and challenges
● A strong record of academic achievement
● Superior analytical, writing, and presentation skills
● Ability to travel as needed
Here’s What You’ll Get:
● Exposure to industry experts and top business leaders in information security in Fortune class companies
● Opportunity to help shape the future for a growing company that is committed to making a difference for our clients
● Broad learning and development opportunities
● Colleagues who are intellectually curious, hard-working, and collaborative